Aadhaar has become one of the most important documents that everyone needs at this time. When you are out somewhere in some government work, then you can use aadhaar card as your proof of identity and even as a proof of address.
There are so many benefits of getting an aadhaar card, and with all that biometric data, your data will never be stolen from anywhere till the time you go and put your fingers there to get the access. If you are one of them who forget all their documents and even if you are in need of urgent documents, then you can get them all online as they are all attached to aadhaar card.
There are some people out there that will ask you for aadhaar card whenever you are in some work related to your documentation. So, the aadhaar card is necessary, and if you have any of the error or any update that you want to make in your aadhaar card, then we are here to help you out with it. We have mentioned all the ways that you can use to update your information including all the onoine and offline ways. So, let us get started –
How to Update your Aadhaar Card Online?
Before you get started, you should get yourself a paper and make sure that you are writing down all the update and the mistakes that you want to change on your aadhaar card.
Check all the other documents and if these details are matching then only proceed or get yourself the right information about your identity and address. Once you are all done with these steps, then we are here to help you with these steps below –
- Visit the official portal of self update that you can easily found on Google and UIDAI website.
- Read all the necessary instruction and click on “proceed” button one you have read all of them.
- Enter your Aadhaar card number as mentioned on your Aadhaar card. Make sure these are 12 digits that you fill in the online form.
- There will be verification something test, try to solve it with all your concentration or you will never get to proceed.
- Click on Send OTP, or you can enter the TOTP.
- An OTP will be received by your mobile phone which has to be used for the aadhaar update request procedure.
- Enter this OTP in your OTP box on the other page.
- If you have your TOTP, then you can get to the alternative option and put in your TOTP code.
- Once you proceed, then you have to click on Address option and then click on the Submit button.
- They will ask you for your resident proof, and you have to upload them online.
- Click on the update request once you are done with this step.
- In case you want your address to be modified then you have to use the new address and click on modify.
- Now, tick on the declaration as seen on the page and click on proceed button after this step.
- Select your preferred document that you want to provide as your POA.
- You have to upload a scanned copy of your proof document as given in the choice.
- Read the confirmation and click on proceed to proceed with the process.
- Then there will be a BPO step that will verify some of the things, and you have to clear that one.
- Once you are done with all this, then there will be a slip that will be given to you, and you can check your update request status with that code.
5 Things that you should know about Aadhaar Card Update –
1) Keep Aadhaar Data Updated
As we all know that everything and almost every facility is connected with aadhaar card and if you want to enjoy all the services and campaigns then you should have your data updated on your Aadhaar card first. These things are better when you keep them in mind, or you will regret not working on it in the near future.
2) You can track your Aadhaar update
When you are given an acknowledgement slip after your request for the update request, then there is a number on it, and yes this number is which will help you to track your processing.
There are so many benefits of getting aadhaar card updated online and with the updating request number you can keep a track on all the updates as if they are being accepted or rejected. The fee to put the request is 25rs, and it applies to every Indian.
3) Mobile Number Upgrade needs Biometric Proofing
Mobile number cannot be upgraded online by yourself, and you have to visit an enrolment centre where you will have to give them your iris proof and your fingerprint in order to update your phone number. It is one of the primary things that is used when you are using your aadhaar card, and phone number changing has to be this much secure.
Steps you need to follow –
- Visit the nearest Enrolment centre, and you can find one easily on the internet nearby you.
- Get your identity proof and your mobile number request with you.
- Fill the form with all the necessary details and put the phone number that you want to upload.
- You will be asked to give them your biometric that includes iris and fingerprint and sometimes your photo.
- You will get an acknowledgement slip after that you can use for keeping a track on updating.
4) Email Id can only be updated by visiting enrolment centre
You have to get into the nearby enrolment centre if you want to update your email id. Though this thing is not mandatory and you can easily get it updated with a single form filling and following all the instructions as told to you by the executive at the enrolment centre.