Aadhaar Card is a mandatory document which serves as a personal identity as it contains all the information of the person. Basically, an Aadhaar card is used as a security and safety measure by the government against unlawful activities. It should be used according to the rules issued by UIDAI.
There are many reasons you should have Aadhaar card for your own authentication purposes. An Aadhaar Card serves as a proof of being a responsible citizen of India. In case you lose your Aadhaar card, you will need to make a duplicate Aadhaar. It is very simple to download Aadhaar Card by mobile number.
Here are the steps to make duplicate Aadhaar Card and download it –
- First of all, you should visit the official UIDAI portal and click the link “Download Aadhaar” or visit this page: https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- Choose from Aadhaar or Enrolment ID in “I have” field.
- Enter your Full Name, EID, Pin Code, Captcha code and click on “Get OTP” button.
- You will get One Time Password in your registered mobile number.
- Once you get OTP, fill it into the “Enter OTP” box.
- Press the button “Validate and Download”. You can access your Aadhaar with your area’s postal code as password. Open the pdf file with this password.
In case you no longer have access to your registered mobile number entered in Aadhaar database, you can proceed with your Enrolment ID in the same form, according to UIDAI, which is an authority body established under Aadhaar Act, 2016.
Getting Aadhaar EID/UID on Mobile Number
- To retrieve your UID and EID, use the “Retrieve Lost UID/EID” tool or you can reach there with this link: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
- Select “Aadhaar Number” on the left side on the next page to get your Aadhaar number on your mobile.
- Fill in the required personal details with specified fields. Provide your name, email address, or mobile number registered with Aadhaar and security code on the form.
- Click on “Send OTP”. Enter the OTP and click “Verify OTP”
- Finally it shows “Congratulations” message. Check your mobile for your Aadhaar number.