Aadhaar has become one of the prominent documents that everyone should have. You can apply for aadhaar card when you are 5 years old and it is now helping you out in almost every part of the documentation.
You can use it when you require a proof for your address or even your proof of identity. There are so many things that are beneficial that you can get once you have applied for the aadhaar card. In this guide, you will get to know about all the ways that you can follow to apply for aadhaar card. So, let us get to it –
Applying for Aadhaar at an Enrolment Centre
Applying for Aadhaar card needs you to visit an enrolment centre where you will need to follow these steps as mentioned below –
- Find an enrollment centre nearby.
- You can check out UIDAI website for reference and that can help you out in finding one nearby your locality.
- Once you are there, you need to fill up the form and you can take a reference from any executive in there.
- Prepare all your needed documents that include – Family Ration Card, ID Proof or any of the proof for your identity or your address.
- Now, you will have to give your biometric test where you need to give your fingerprints and your iris scan.
- You will be photographed for your aadhaar with the camera.
- After all this, you will be given a slip that is called the enrolment slip with a 14 digit number that can be used for tracking the status of your Aadhaar.
Benefits of Aadhaar Card
Aadhaar card has so many benefits and there is nothing that will harm you or take away something out of yourself. There are many benefits and you just have to get a aadhaar card for yourself. Here are some of the benefits of Aadhaar card –
- You don’t need to carry it everywhere as you can access it by mAadhaar application.
- You don’t have to worry about having a id card till you get 18 and you get a thing to attach with your documents.
- Aadhaar card helps to be the legal document in the place of proof of address and proof of identity.
Major FAQs Related to Apply an Aadhaar Card
1) Can I apply for Aadhaar Card if I live outside India?
Non residents are not allowed to make aadhaar card as you have to be an Indian and you should be in India for 182 days at least in last year.
2) Can I Apply for Aadhaar Card?
NRIs are not eligible for Aadhaar Card. The NRIs can only apply for Aadhaar card if they are residing in India from last 182 days in past one year.
3) Can OCI holders get an Aadhaar Card?
You cannot get Aadhaar card if you are having OCI or Overeas Citizens of India. Only people who are living in India for some legit number of days in last year can do that and get an Aadhaar card easily.